SPEAKER: Arthur J. Werner, Esq.
DATE: Tuesday November 14 or December 7 or January 9
(or 2 Half-Days option 11/14 & 11/15 or 12/7 & 12/8 or 1/9 & 1/10)
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: View Anytime Between 9AM-5PM Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: Webinar Rebroadcast
Due to changes in both the economy and the Internal Revenue Code and COVID-19 legislation, fringe benefit planning has become one of the most important areas of planning for your client’s business and personal needs. There are a variety of tools and techniques to meet a client’s fringe benefit planning objectives. This course looks at those various tools and techniques and provides the practitioner with a basic understanding of how to use each one. This course also features a review of some complex areas of employee benefit planning, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- An overview of the fringe benefit planning process
- Understanding the needs of the business owner
- Understanding the needs of the employees
- Options under IRC §132 fringe benefit plans
- When to use a cafeteria plan
- Tax rules regarding timing of income and deductions in cash compensation planning
- Tax implications of dependent care and educational assistance plans
- How a flexible spending account plan works
- Design features of a group term life insurance plan
- Regulations when using medical savings accounts
- Various options to financing retiree medical benefits
- Comparison of health care benefits under an insured plan versus an HMO
- Detailed overview of major ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements
- Understanding of IRC common control rules
- Overview of age and sex discrimination rules
Arthur Werner is one of the most prominent Federal Tax lecturers in the nation, with a special expertise in Estate, Trusts and Elder Law issues.