CATEGORY: Accounting (4), Auditing (4)
SPEAKER: Steve Fustolo, CPA
DATE: Mon. Oct. 24, Thurs. Nov. 17, Wed. Dec. 14, Thurs. Jan. 12
(or 2 Half-Days option 10/24 & 10/25, 11/17 & 11/18, 12/14 & 12/15, 1/12 & 1/13)
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: 12:00 - 3:40 P.M. Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: All New Pre-Recorded Webinar
This seminar will feature a full discussion of all new FASBs and SASs including a full discussion of the new lease standards effective for 2022 and SSARS No. 24 & 25 and newly released SSARS No. 26 on compilations and reviews. This course will also highlight GAAP for ERC and Pass-Through Entities (PTE) elections. Additionally, COVID-19 has a dramatic affect on financial statements and this seminar will highlight many COVID-19 effects including small business LIFO in an inflationary environment (we have a separate 4-credit seminar that will take a deeper dive into these issues - click here to register).
The objective of this course is to address key changes affecting accounting, compilation and review, and auditing engagements, as well as a review of selected other developments. The focus is on standards that affect years 2022 and beyond. This is a must attend seminar for all CPA's who prepare financial statements, and now also tax return preparers.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Learn how to implement the new lease standard (effective January 1, 2022) and approaches to avoid the lease standard
- GAAP for the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) including new ASU 2021-10 disclosures - BRAND NEW
- GAAP for the Pass-Through Entity (PTE) Tax election for S corps and LLCs - BRAND NEW
- Discuss changes to the review engagement changes (including the review report) under newly issued SSARS No. 25
- New SSARS No. 26 - BRAND NEW
- Review post-COVID-19 accounting, reporting, and disclosure issues
- Identify PPP loan and forgiveness - accounting, reporting, and disclosure issues affecting 2022
- Review the new auditor’s report and other auditing reporting standards found in SAS Nos. 134-141 (effective in 12/21) and new SAS No. 142- audit evidence
- Small Business LIFO in an inflationary environment - BRAND NEW
- Learn about private company accounting and practice issues, and more
- Practical Examples Will Be Illustrated
- Various other items
Steve Fustolo is one of the foremost lecturers in Accounting & Auditing. He has over 30 years of experience in lecturing on A&A topics. Mr. Fustolo’s course entitled FASB, SSARS and SAS Update and Review continues to receive accolades and is regarded as one of the top live CPE programs in the country today with ratings that average 4.91 on a scale of 5.0.