CATEGORY: Accounting (4), Auditing (4)
SPEAKER: Prof. Kenneth Heaslip, CPA
DATE: Monday October 23 or November 16 or December 14 or January 11
(or 2 Half-Days option 10/23 & 10/24 or 11/16 & 11/17 or 12/14 & 12/15 or 1/11 & 1/12)
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: View Anytime Between 9AM-5PM Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: All New (2023) Pre-Recorded Webinar
The objective of this course is to address new and significant issues that every CPA and financial statement preparer must be familiar with which relates to accounting, auditing, and compilation and review engagements as well as a review and update of selected other important developments. The focus is on issues that affect years 2023 and beyond. This is a must attend seminar for all involved in the preparation of financial statements.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- FASB Projects and Exposure Drafts
- Review and update of recently issued ASUs including ASU 2023-01 effective for 2023 for related party leases.
- New Accounting Rules for CRYPTO Assets – including differences in reporting for tax purposes.
- Update on the ‘hot topic” on accounting for Pas-Through Entity Tax (PTE) – including the latest rule for elections and disclosures.
- Review and Update of the New Revenue Standard – lessons learned and practical examples highlighted.
- Post-Implementation of the new Lease Standard – with several real life illustrations and examples presented.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Update – when are disclosures necessary.
- Financial Instruments and CECL – including ASU 2016-13 relating to receivables effective for 2023.
- New SSARS Update including SSARS N. 25 and No. 26 for compilations and reviews – with actual report illustrations.
- Attestation Standards – SSAE 19-22.
- Auditing Standards including SAS 125-146, some effective beginning in 2023.
- Peer Review Issues
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct discussed
Kenneth Heaslip is one of the foremost lecturers in Accounting & Auditing. He has over 30 years of experience in lecturing on A&A topics and is currently a professor at Mercy College.