CATEGORY: Professional Practice
SPEAKER: Host/Moderator: Jonathan I. Shenkman, AIF®, President, Shenkman Wealth Management
1) Janis Cowhey, Esq., Partner at Marcum, LLP
2) Elizabeth Forspan, Esq., Managing Attorney at Forspan Klear LLP
3) Ellen Smith Israelson, Vice President of Philanthropic Services at Jewish Communal Fund
4) Marianna Moliver, Esq., Founder of Moliver Law LLC
The growth of women in the workforce has increased significantly over the past few decades. Women are more successful and financially independent than any time in history. The growth of this demographic presents an opportunity for practitioners to address a unique set of circumstances that may not be prevalent with their male clients.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Considerations for single women when planning their estates.
- The importance for women to revisit their estate plan following divorce or the death of a partner/spouse.
- Considerations for married women when planning their estates.
- Specific strategies that wealthy women can use to best protect their assets.
- Unique challenges that elderly female client’s face that their male counterparts do not face.
- The importance of long-term care insurance and long term care planning for women.
- Charitable planning for Women
- Timely topics related to tax planning that arise with financially affluent women