DATE: Wednesday November 29, 2023 or December 13, 2023 or January 4, 2024
(or 2 Half-Days option 11/29 & 11/30 or 12/13 & 12/14 or 1/4 & 1/5)
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: View Anytime Between 9AM-5PM Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: All New Pre-Recorded Webinar
NOTE: There will be an opportunity to receive answers from the instructor in real-time by submitting your questions in the Q&A forum on the webinar page!
This seminar will feature a detailed New York State tax update by Mark Klein and Joe Endres featuring the NYS PTET RULES Updated for 2023, the NEW NYC PTET Rules for 2023, the new 2023-2024 NYS budget, NYS tax issues and residency rules, and NEXUS & COVID-19 Issues for NYS & NYC. Joe Endres will present an update on NYS sales tax rules and abandoned property rules.
For the afternoon session you will be able to choose 2 of the 3 topics and speakers listed below (you do not need to decide now, all 3 options will be presented at the webinar and you can choose to view any 2).
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
Morning Session - Mark Klein & Joe Endres
- NYS PTET RULES UPDATED FOR 2023
- NEW NYC PTET RULES FOR 2023
- The Recently Passed 2023-2024 NYS Tax Budget
- NEW Excelsior CHIP Tax Program
- NEXUS & COVID-19 Issues for NYS & NYC
- New Legislation
- Possible Legislation - Legislation To Watch
- Resident & Non-Resident Telecommuting Issues
- NYC UBT Update
- Enforcement Issues
- Sales Tax Issues
- Handling a Case from Audit to Court
- Real Life Examples Heard Nowhere Else
Afternoon Session (You Will Have the Option on the day of the Webinar to Choose any 2 of the 3 Courses Below) -
Chaim Kofinas - NJ Tax Update
- NJ BAIT
- NJ Inheritance Tax Trap
- Summary of NJ Taxation of Individuals
- Retirement Income Exclusion
- NJ Reaction to TCJA Individual
- NJ Reaction to TCJA Business
- Combined Reporting Update
- Update on Sales Tax
Prof. Barry Leibowicz - NYS Tax Audits & Appeals
- Audits by various agencies for various taxes, and the differences between them.
- Representing the taxpayer from audit inception to conclusion
- How to avoid common audit mistakes during Federal, State or Local Audits
- Identifying and using Statutes of Limitations to get a better result
- What information need be turned over during the audit, and the scope of accountant confidentiality
- Settling disputed issues and getting to yes.
- Strategies for when it becomes clear that an agreement cannot be reached
- Appealing adverse audit determinations
- Preparing for an appeals conference or hearing
- Avoiding an audit determination for one tax from triggering liabilities for other taxes.
- Audit proofing your client
Scott Ahroni & Jeff Glogower - Foreign Estate and Gift Planning
- How to determine U.S. tax residence for the Estate and Gift Tax
- Foreign information reporting for foreign gifts and foreign transfers to and distributions from foreign trusts
- Substantive U.S. estate and gift tax rules relative to foreign investors’ planning and tax minimization alternatives including the use of foreign trusts, determining the gross estate and taxable gifts, and modifications to the unified credit and marital deduction