CATEGORY: Professional Practice
SPEAKER: Prof. Barry Leibowicz, Esq.
This all new seminar highlights the issues that may arise in a NYS sales tax audit and discusses the procedural legal requirements in contesting adverse determinations. Additionally, with COVID-19, the demands of the pandemic have required practitioners to adapt quickly to changes in practices and procedures. Taxpayer representatives must navigate this new environment while still adhering to the basic underlying legal and practical requirements for their conduct of the audit, while avoiding a whole host of traps for the unwary.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Creating and Managing the Audit Proof Business
- Audit Procedures During the Pandemic
- Identifying and Dealing with Procedural Traps
- Minimizing Personal or Criminal Liability
- Avoiding Crossover Effects on Other Liabilities
- Protesting an Assessment