CATEGORY: Accounting (4), Auditing (4)
SPEAKER: Prof. Kenneth Heaslip, CPA
DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2021
(or 2 Half-Days option 7/20 & 7/21)
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: 12:00 - 3:40 P.M. Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: Melville Marriott, Melville L.I. or All New Pre-Recorded Webinar
NOTE: There will be an opportunity to receive answers from the instructor in real-time by submitting your questions in the Q&A forum on the webinar page!
This seminar will feature a full discussion of all new FASBs and SASs including a complete update of the new revenue standard implementation. This is a BIG ISSUE in 2021. Also featuring a full discussion of the new lease standards effective for 2022 and SSARS No. 24 & 25 on compilations and reviews. Additionally, COVID-19 has a dramatic affect on financial statements and this seminar will highlight many COVID-19 effects (we have a separate 4-credit seminar that will take a deeper dive into these issues - click here to register). Prof. Kenneth Heaslip presented for ACE during the past year and received rave reviews. He is one of the foremost Accounting and Auditing lecturers in the nation. This is a must attend seminar for all CPA's who prepare financial statements, and now also tax return preparers.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- THE LATEST IN FASB UPDATES:
- Revenue Recognition
- Implementation Issues
- Preparing for the new Lease standard (effective 1/1/2022)
- Key FASB Projects including Goodwill, Statement of Cash Flows, and Financial Instruments Disclosures
- COVID-19 AFFECT ON FINANCIAL STATEMENTS:
- Fair Value and Impairments for - Fixed Assets, Financial Instruments, Inventory, Goodwill.
- Going Concern
- Loan Modifications and Covenants
- Subsequent Events
- Remote Engagements
- SSARS No. 24 & 25
- New Ethics Standards Affecting Attestation Engagements:
- Hosting / Service Rules,
- Staff Augmentation
- NOCLAR and Records Requests Exposure Drafts
- Preparing for Audits Under the new SAS standards
- Practical Examples Will Be Illustrated
- Various other items
Kenneth Heaslip is one of the foremost lecturers in Accounting & Auditing. He has over 30 years of experience in lecturing on A&A topics and is currently a professor at Mercy College.