CATEGORY: Professional Practice
SPEAKER: Arthur J. Werner, Esq.
Congress was EXTREMELY busy in late December 2022! During this lame-duck session, Congress was able to pass SECURE 2.0, which is essentially the original SECURE Act that was passed in late 2019. There are over 50 tax-related provisions within SECURE 2.0 which an advisor needs to be able to master. This course will provide the participant with everything that that they need to know about SECURE 2.0 so that they will be able to better serve their clients’ retirement planning needs.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Mandatory Automatic Enrollment
- Credit For Small Employer Pension Plan Startup Costs
- Enhancement of The Saver’s Credit
- Increase in Starting Age For RMDs
- Indexing IRA Catch-Up
- Higher Catch-Up Limit Age 61, 62, 63, And 64
- Student Loan Payments As Elective Deferrals For Matching Contributions
- Start Up Credit Costs For Employers Joining An Existing Plan
- Financial Incentives For Contributing To a Plan
- Withdrawals For Certain Emergency Expenses
- SIMPLE Plan changes
- Starter 401(K) Plans
- Sec 529 Plan To Roth Rollovers
- Emergency Savings Accounts
- Enhancement of 403(B) Plans
- Qualified Charitable Distributions to Split Interest Entity
- Retirement Savings Lost and Found
- New Retirement Planning Strategies
- And Much More!
Arthur Werner is one of the most prominent Federal Tax lecturers in the nation, with a special expertise in Pensions, Estate & Trusts and Elder Law issues.