NYS Tax Audits and Appeals
An All New Detailed Seminar
SPEAKER: Prof. Barry Leibowicz, Esq.
DATE: Any Day January 23-26
or Any Day February 6-9
TIME: View Anytime Between 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Eastern - Seminar Duration is 2 Hours
LOCATION: All New Pre-Recorded Webinar
Acquire the practical and technical skills necessary to represent clients in tax audits by Federal, State and Local tax authorities from inception to conclusion. You will learn how to contest adverse determinations through agency appeals offices, administrative tribunals and the Courts. We will identify the procedural traps, and potential liabilities, which underlie protest time and filing requirements. You will also learn about how to minimize the potential danger of one audit result triggering liabilities for other taxes.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Audits by various agencies for various taxes, and the differences between them.
- Representing the taxpayer from audit inception to conclusion
- How to avoid common audit mistakes during Federal, State or Local Audits
- Identifying and using Statutes of Limitations to get a better result
- What information need be turned over during the audit, and the scope of accountant confidentiality
- Settling disputed issues and getting to yes.
- Strategies for when it becomes clear that an agreement cannot be reached
- Appealing adverse audit determinations
- Preparing for an appeals conference or hearing
- Avoiding an audit determination for one tax from triggering liabilities for other taxes.
- Audit proofing your client
For multiple seminar discounts or for firm discounts please contact us