CATEGORY: Professional Practice
SPEAKER: Scott Ahroni, Esq.
This seminar is intended to provide an overview of the taxation of everyday cryptocurrency and NFT related transactions. This seminar will also discuss current developments in Congress, State and Local Governments, the IRS, and the Courts. Finally, we will discuss IRS compliance in the area and how to successfully navigate through tax notices (CP2000, Letter 6173, Letter 6174 & Letter 6174-A). Cryptocurrency is one of the hottest tax topics and affects many of our clients. Scott Ahroni has experience with crypto returns - and many of your questions will be answered during the seminar.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Introduce participants to the key concepts and vocabulary necessary to discuss cryptocurrencies and how they are taxed
- Identify the opportunities and challenges posed by cryptocurrencies.
- Determine how everyday cryptocurrency transactions are taxed
- Identify recent developments in cryptocurrency, tax planning opportunities
- Taxation of crypto staking, mining, hard-forks, and soft-forks
- Differentiate between on-chain, wallets, and exchange transactions
- Summarize the international tax aspects of crypto/NFT assets, including income sourcing and reporting requirements on foreign information reporting forms
- Compliance issues related to cryptocurrency and using voluntary disclosures to remedy past deficiencies