SPEAKER: Prof. John Connors, JD, CPA, LLM
DATE: Full Day Option: Jan. 7, Jan. 12, Feb. 4
Half Day Option For Jan. 7 Only: View 4 Credits on Day 1 and 4 Credits on Day 2 - 12:00-3:40PM Eastern on each day.
TIME: Full Day Option: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
Half Day Option: 12:00 - 3:40 P.M. Eastern on each day.
LOCATION: Webinar Rebroadcast
NOTE: There will be an opportunity to receive answers from the instructor in real-time by submitting your questions in the Q&A forum on the webinar page!
This powerful course essentially becomes a “must” for those practitioners needing a forum to review client issues that arose during this past busy season which will certainly go down as one of the most difficult and time-consuming to-date, especially with the PPP loan applications and possible debt forgiveness. Also, critical tax issues and year end planning strategies for 2020 will be thoroughly covered, along with the most important tax developments, cases, IRS rulings and regulations and any late-breaking tax legislation.
If there are any changes or updates to the tax laws after the date of the seminar, we will send an updated addendum video to all attendees!
Click here to view a detailed PDF of course topics.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Comprehensive review of latest SBA/IRS guidance re: CARES Act Q&As on PPP loan forgiveness
- Critical determination re: what, if any, of PPP loan can be forgiven - SBA Form 3508
- If PPP loan forgiven, are related expenses nondeductible?
- Are Schedule C proprietors automatically forgiven PPP loan = “net replacement income?”
- What about PPP forgiveness for partners with self-employment income?
- Did proprietors & partners get “better deal” re: “qualified wages” v. S corp owner/employee?
- How does the “covered period” apply to qualified expenses paid or incurred
- Non-payroll “qualified expenses” limited where < 75% of PPP loan used for payroll costs
- Will bankers/lenders be sole determinants of PPP loan amount forgiven v. SBA
- Impact of firing employees or reducing wages on PPP loan forgiveness?
- Impact of numerous tax provisions expiring 12/31/2020
- Maximizing deductions for immediate write-off of asset acquisitions v. repairs
- All of the latest tax developments including cases, regs, IRS rulings and procedures will also be covered along with valuable planning suggestions for clients’ current 2020 tax year
- And More.....
Prof. John Connors is one of the most knowledgeable tax lecturers in the nation. He has the ability to simplify the most complex tax rules. Bring in all your tax questions and get a CORRECT answer.