SPEAKER: Prof. John Connors, JD, CPA, LLM
DATE: Wednesday December 22, 2021
TIME: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
8:50 - 10:45 Welcome & Lecture
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Lecture
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 3:15 Lecture
3:15 - 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 Lecture
5:00 - 5:10 Wrap-up
LOCATION: New Yorker Hotel, NYC (Conditions Permitting)
This powerful course will provide you with the most up-to-date explanations available on not only the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and its impact on the year end planning, but also the upcoming 2021 busy season and all of the latest developments, including cases, rulings, procedures, and regulations affecting both individual clients. You'll receive answers to your clients’ tax questions in an accessible PDF manual with hyperlinks to all of the source documents should more detailed information be needed. Written by renowned tax expert, Prof. John J. Connors, JD, CPA, LLM, this course covers all the bases, including an in-depth analysis of the complex maze of new rules dealing with the all of the items listed below. Clearly - your entire staff must attend this seminar.
Click here to view a detailed PDF of course topics.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Special update on all the latest guidance regarding Sec. 199A 20% deduction and “qualified business income”
- Where do we stand on net rental income counting as QBI? Any new clarifications on SSTBs?
- But is your client subject to at-risk basis limitations or is otherwise subject to the PAL rules?
- Loss of 2% miscellaneous deductions - impact on Form 8960 3.8% NIIT surtax
- Sec. 461(l) $250,00/500,000 caps on excess business deductions for 2021
- Limit on mortgage interest means “tracing rules” for all other indebtedness. Can we still deduct interest on QSRs?
- Effectiveness of “workarounds” on $10,000 SALT limit? Electing to pay K-1 taxes at entity level?
- Are individual clients still paying AMT? Or, has AMT treatment now basically been applied to regular tax?
- LTCGs and dividends and tax treatment of investment interest expense - higher marginal rates ahead?
- “Kiddie tax” retroactively calculated using parents’ marginal rates instead of trusts and estates
- Using equity in principal residence for QSR loans? Is the loan secured by the QSR?
- Post-2008 “nonqualified use” and impact on claiming principal residence exclusion
- Taking the standard deduction v. itemizing going forward - using donor-advised funds and other strategies
- And More.......
Prof. John Connors is one of the most knowledgeable tax lecturers in the nation. He has the ability to simplify the most complex tax rules. Bring in all your tax questions and get a CORRECT answer.