SPEAKER: Scott Ahroni, Esq.
DATE: Nov. 15, Dec. 13, Jan. 10
TIME: 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. Eastern
LOCATION: Webinar Rebroadcast
This webinar will cover the upcoming challenges that CPAs and their clients will face in the wake of COVID-19 and its impact on unemployment insurance claims and worker classification audits. We will also discuss the cross-section between unemployment insurance claims and securing forgiveness of PPP loans.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- Includes the effect of the executive order issued by President Trump regarding unemployment payments & payroll taxes
- Review of relevant factors that auditors use in determining a worker’s proper classification
- Preparing for a worker classification unemployment insurance audit
- Preparing for hearings before the Administrative Law Judge Section of the Unemployment Insurance Appeal Board
- Relief provisions and voluntary disclosure programs if your company has misclassified its workers
- Understanding the impact of worker classification reporting in light of COVID-19
- Handling the worker that refuses and/or is uncomfortable to return to the office and maintaining eligibility for full PPP loan forgiveness
- The Shared Work Program/Unemployment Benefits for part-time employees
Scott Ahroni is one of the most knowledgeable tax lecturers in the nation. He has the ability to simplify the most complex tax rules. Bring in all your tax questions and get a CORRECT answer.