CREDITS: 4 NJ Ethics
CATEGORY: NJ Ethics
DATE: Jan. 21, Feb. 11
TIME: 12:00 P.M. - 3:30 P.M. Eastern
LOCATION: Webinar Rebroadcast
This course satisfies the NJ State Board of Accountancy requirement for a 4-CPE course in NJ Law & Ethics for CPAs. After taking this course you will understand how NJ CPA licensure requirements apply to you, you will be able to interpret current CPE requirements, independence, practice mobility, firm registration requirements, complaints procedures, and more. This course is much more than just 4 CPEs - learn and be entertained by Dr. Carroll while earning your CPE.
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
- The NJ Governmental structure regarding licensing public accounting and power of the NJ State Board of Accountancy
- Requirements for new and renewal NJ CPA licenses
- CPA advertising and practice mobility
- Firm registration requirements
- CPE requirements including authorized providers, amount and distribution of CPE
- CPE delivery formats as accepted by the NJ State Board
- Firm peer review requirements and possible outcomes
- Complaint against NJ CPAs - processes, typical violations, and outcomes.
- Record retention - requirements, policies, and practices
- Independence in practice
- Inappropriate use of the CPA designation
Dr. Carroll has over 35 years of experience as a university professor and lecturer. He has received national awards for teaching excellence and is well versed in NJ CPA laws and requirements. He also has over 30 years of experience in forensic accounting and economics in courtrooms, and was a member of the NJCPA Professional Conduct Committee for 12 years.
ACE Seminars is proud to partner with Dr. Carroll and Accounting Educators to provide NJ Ethics via a Live Webinar Rebroadcast. Accounting Educators holds NASBA Sponsor #103483 and New Jersey State Board of Accountancy - Continuing Educator Sponsor Number 20CE00010300. Your certificate will be issued by Accounting Educators as authorized by NJ State Board of Accountancy - see here.