DATE: Thursday December 5, 2019
TIME: 8:50 A.M. - 5:10 P.M. Eastern
LOCATION: Long Island Marriott, Uniondale L.I.
This seminar will feature a detailed New York State tax update by Mark Klein featuring the new 2019-2020 NYS budget, new enforcement initiatives, NY estate tax issues and residency rules, and an analysis of the effects of TC&JA on NYS taxes. Joe Endres will present an update on NYS sales tax rules and abandoned property rules. The afternoon session will feature a presentation on important tax audit issues and employee classification.
BONUS: All attendees at the live seminar will receive a printed copy of the course material!
Topics & Learning Objectives Include:
Morning Session - Mark Klein & Joe Endres
- The Recently Passed 2019-2020 NYS Tax Budget
- New Enforcement Initiatives
- NYS Estate Tax Issues & Residency Rules
- TCJA Effects - A Year Later - Including Where Does NYS Decouple From the New Rules?
- Sales Tax Update
- NY's Tax Incentive Program
- Abandoned Property Rules
Afternoon Session - Prof. Barry Leibowicz & Scott Ahroni
- NYS Tax Audit Issues
- Employee v Independent Contractor Classification (as it affects Section 199A)